Business Analytics is rapidly becoming one of the fastest-growing courses in Management among students and professionals. The dynamically shifting business climate in India shows that to achieve growth and revenue in a cutthroat market, the capacity for risk-taking is essential to success and growth in the business environment. The process of converting raw data into an insightful and meaningful presentation helps companies make clear decisions by taking calculated risks with clear data that have been examined, this method of transformation is called business analytics. The commercial hub of Independent India is Mumbai the need for Business Analysts is in high demand from various companies and is projected to increase by over 14% by 2026. Hence Institutes offering business analytics courses in Mumbai are also ever-increasing.
To achieve success, students must pick the best institutions that will aid them in advancing their jobs. The following data is meant to assist pupils by giving detailed and clear information on Business Analytics courses in Mumbai to make a calculated and informed decision.
Who Can Become Business Analysts?
Students with high scores on management exams like the CAT, GMAT, etc. who are either professional or non-technical graduates, proficient in math, reasoning, and problem-solving skills. Working professionals can also choose to take the same course as a part-time, offline, or online course to enhance their abilities and careers. Good communication and problem-solving abilities are advantages that will enhance the image.
What Are The Different Types of Business Analytics?
Business Analytics has 4 basic types they are
It’s a process of analyzing historical data on how a product has performed over a specific time frame using certain tools to analyze and organize raw data.
Using historical data, it includes in-depth statistical analysis for predictive reporting. Understanding how new services or goods will impact sales is helpful. Cluster analysis, data mining, and simulation programs are a few of the techniques covered by advanced analytics.
It is a form of advanced analytics that examines data or content for diagnostic analysis of problems using techniques like data mining,& correlations
This analyzes functional data to determine how a unit may respond to a collection of variables.
Why Study Business Analytics
- By converting raw data into quantifiable numbers, it assists in the understanding and implementation of company strategies.
- Proper exposure to techniques, tools, and software, enables learners to employ a variety of tools to provide quantifiable data for efficient decision-making and enhancing their employment prospects.
- Business analysts assist organizations in making choices based on visual data. By utilizing charts and graphs and enhancing presentations, visual data enables businesses to come up with choices that are more understandable while helping in the forecasting and interpretation of patterns.
- Companies nowadays have heavy demand for analysts as their talents help them to keep a competitive edge.
Business Analyst Responsibilities and Roles
The most recent market trends are known to a business analyst, who also develops business requirements, examines operational procedures, and provides business insights. The following are the obligations.
- Review business operations, ongoing or new processes
- Devise strategies and optimize them
- Analyze the demands placed on the company to function effectively.
- Work with product managers and give decision-makers helpful information.
- Obtain or create data that aids in the analysis of actual company procedures.
Top 10 Most Popular Business Analytical Tools.
The organizations that train them might employ different tools, but the following are some of the fundamental ones used by business analysts.
Because of the improved productivity it offers, Python has recently become the preferred programming language among programmers worldwide. There are no compilation stages, it offers a quick edit-test-debug cycle, and with the introduction of Big Data, its significance has increased. Another factor contributing to Python’s growing importance is its seamless incorporation with Big Data. The expense of maintenance is decreased by its simplicity and emphasis on readability.
One of the most affordable and popular statistics tools in the world is Excel. The platform offers a broad range of analytical and visual tools, and it has over 400 built-in features, including pivot tables, which are excellent for summarizing large amounts of data and transforming complex raw data into straightforward numbers and reports. Excel will be the first step used by the majority of small and middle business analytical tools. Excel is undoubtedly a necessity for professionals with no expertise in analytics or experience.
Microsoft Power BI
As one of the most widely used tools for data analytics, it enhances the visualization of data and aids in the creation of dynamic user reports. Users can find current patterns and receive reports using its data warehousing features, which also include data preparation and discovery. Through its cloud-based business services, commonly referred to as Power BI Services, it can be viewed from anywhere.
Qlik is a next-generation analytics application that enables users to make visualizations, charts, interactive dashboards, and a variety of other features. It is analytics software that runs in the cloud and combines advanced artificial intelligence with machine learning to enhance the quality of data processing and extraction. Users can benefit from a vibrant business intelligence environment, thanks to its strong BI ecosystem.
Thanks to its social analysis and real-time data-sharing capabilities, various teams can work together to make important choices. It is a self-service tool that requires little upkeep and decreases reliance on the IT department. The company’s in-memory technology offers quick and seamless data transmission.
Due to its ability to manage Massive Data Volumes and precise forecasting, Board is one of the highest-rated business analytical tools that many companies favor. It also assists users in creating interactive and intuitive dashboards and reports. To provide business intelligence functions like reporting, multi-dimensional analysis, ad hoc querying, and dashboarding, the Board combines business intelligence software with corporate performance management tools.
Predictive and advanced analytics, scorecards, smartphone applications, and integration with MS Office are just a few of its key advantages. Users can analyze spatial data and combine it with dynamic maps in a completely interactive environment thanks to its geo-intelligence capabilities.
Due to its user-friendly interface and numerous visualization choices, this analytics software is currently the most popular. You can keep unprocessed data from numerous platforms on the Splunk platform. It enables you to track and search through data from a singular repository that comes from various sources, simplifying management and generating insightful data.
It enables efficient root cause research and expedites the same. Additionally, it assists in tracking user activity and behavior to produce simple statistics and dashboards. to ensure users make the most of their data and enable extensive customization, a variety of tools and plugins, including third-party tools, are available to monitor compliance.
The unstructured test is transformed into useful business intelligence using dynamic text analysis functionalities, enabling users to conduct in-depth analysis and complicated data visualization. With its eye-catching visualization and reports that can be exported to PDF, Excel, image CSV, and other formats, it aids in the large-scale study of terabytes of data.
Data unification, data mash-up, and simple drag-and-drop UI with no scripts. You can pose questions and receive answers right away with its cutting-edge chip engine without having to start over. The software uses web-based dashboards so that users can work together and view the same data. By avoiding numerous copies and reducing the possibility of data alteration, there is no need to download any data.
This platform enables users to handle unstructured data because of its text analytics offerings. With choices for third-party data mining, Microstrategy, one of the most modern tools, combines insightful analytical & statistical capabilities that allow real-time forecasting. It is deployable on-premises using Linux and Windows computers.
Users can combine Microstrategy functionality with external analytics tools like Tableau and Power BI using the platform’s APIs and gateways. To maintain consistency and simplify maintenance, the Microstrategy platform employs a single common metadata. In-memory analyses are supported by its 64-nit architecture. It integrates the capacity to create reports, track data in real time, and work with databases in a single package.
The University of Konstanz in Germany created the high-performance platform in 2004. It is renowned for incorporating a novel pipeline method and facilitating a variety of machine learning and data mining components that support analysis, visual programming, and visual reports.
KNIME’s ability to build visual data flows gives users the ability to execute steps only when necessary and review the results in an interactive view. It already includes hundreds of modules to serve popular database management systems.
The scalability of the Knime platform, one of its key characteristics, enables it to perform a variety of tasks, including data mining, text mining, image processing, web analytics, network analysis, and social media analysis. The user interface’s simplicity allows for a quicker learning curve.
10. DUNDAS BI
It is the first utility to combine a powerful business analytical tool with the R programming language. Dundas BI offers automated analytics trend forecasting, trend visualization, and a high-level dashboard with a simple drag-and-drop tool for creating business analytical reports.
Without involving the technical or IT staff at your company, Dundas BI enables you to perform data exploration and analysis, run ad hoc queries, and build dashboards and reports. You can also customize the reports so that they immediately display the desired information.
Create nested groups, recurring groups, report headings, and footers. Users are prevented from making duplicate versions of data by integrated version control. Send out statistics using an external API or email.
Other best courses in Mumbai:
- Content Writing Courses in Mumbai
- Digital Marketing Courses in Mumbai
- GST Certification Courses in Mumbai
- SEO Courses in Mumbai
Business Analytics vs Business Intelligence
There is a very thin line between Business Analytics and Business Intelligence. The only difference is Business Intelligence is a descriptive analysis that explains what happened or why it happened whereas Business Analytics is a process of predictive, Diagnostic,& prescriptive analysis where it not only gives current business conditions but also can be used for forecasting and sale planning.
Top 5 Institutes Offering Best Courses in Business Analytics Courses in Mumbai
|Name of the College||Placement Review Ratings||Top Recruiters|
|ISME Mumbai||4.4||Aditya Birla, GUCCI, Talerang, Gucci, Style Cracker, Edelweiss, Aditya Birla Capital, Schbang, Krypton, DSPR, and Litmus World|
|Udemy – Business Analytics & Intelligence Courses||4.4||Anand Rathi Securities, Bajaj Alliance General Insurance, Birla Sun Life, Decimal Point, Edelweiss Securities, Ginger Hotel, HDFC Bank, ICICI, TATA, Tresvista, Vodafone|
|Coursera – Online||4.1||Accenture, ICICI Bank, Capgemini, IBM, Genpact, Mindtree, Ernst & Young, Essar, HDFC Bank, Maruti Suzuki|
|4.0||Realty24, Kantar, IIFL, Wipro, Philips, Godrej, Future Group, Morgan Stanley, Accenture, Amul, Deloitte, ICICI Bank, Aditya Birla|
|WeSchool Mumbai||3.6||Axis Bank, Deloitte, HDFC Bank, Accenture, Airtel, IBM, ICICI, Infosys, Lifestyle, Vedanta|
Note: The recruiters mentioned above are just for representation purposes only. The numbers may vary on the ground.
A Summary of the Above Institutes’ Courses
1. Business Analytics Courses in Mumbai -ISME Mumbai
ISME provides business analytics classes for 6–12 months. Candidates must successfully finish an Intermediate or Graduate degree program in any discipline for a cost of Rs. 80,000 to 3 50,000.
They provide top-notch instructors and facilities with extensive industry expertise, and they guarantee excellent placements for their Business Analytics courses in Mumbai by working with the best recruiters. According to their syllabus, they will complete the course in two semesters, covering a variety of subjects.
Under their syllabus, they will cover the course in 2 semesters where they will cover topics:
Semester – 1
Estimation of hypothesis testing
Playing with Data
Semester – 2
Linear & Non-Linear regression
2. Business Analytics Courses in Mumbai – Udemy – Business Analytics & Intelligence Courses
Business Analytics is one of the most well-liked courses available on Udemy. It lasts for five hours and includes 36 downloadable tools.
Here students will learn
- To acquire a business acumen
- Build a strategic plan of how businesses can leverage data for superior performance
- To understand how to measure business performance
- from a qualified expert with a track record to back them up and significant expertise
- Become familiar with modern business analytics techniques
- Stakeholder mapping
- About end-to-end process mapping
- To develop expertise of the H2R, R2R, S2P, and O2C end-to-end corporate procedures
- To Identify key value drivers
- To compare metrics vs KPIs
- To define metrics
- How to perform benchmarking
- Understanding the Significance of the Master Data Role
- Prepare a past performance analysis, a variance analysis, a trend analysis, a value-based analysis, a correlation analysis, a time series analysis, a regression analysis, and a machine learning and deep learning analysis.
- To Acquire an understanding of how to manage an analytics project
- To Gain an understanding of a successful analytics project
3. Business Analytics Courses in Mumbai – Coursera – Online
This specialization, available in Coursera, an online education portal gives all business professionals including those who have no prior analytics experience like Students to gain knowledge of how data analysts explain, forecast, and assist in making business choices in particular marketing, human resource, financial, and operational areas.
With the help of Wharton’s leading marketing professors, candidates will also be able to apply their skills to interpret real-world data sets and make appropriate business strategy recommendations. They offer 5 courses in this specialization.
Customer analytics – From credit card transactions to online shopping carts to customer loyalty programs, there is a vast amount of raw data that can be used to analyze and predict future customer buying behavior.
After completing the course, students will be able to.
- Understand the primary methods companies use to collect customer data and learn how to use this data to make informed business decisions
- Understand the main tools used to predict customer behavior and identify appropriate uses for each
- Communicate key ideas about customer analytics and how to make informed business decisions.
- Understand the history of customer analytics and the latest best practices from top companies
• Operations Analytics – Use data to train candidates on how to better match supply and demand for different recruits. Candidates will learn how to model future demand uncertainty and future demand uncertainty. Candidates will demonstrate not only the difficulties in procuring the necessary data but also insight into a variety of real-world business challenges that will help them learn the methods and software available to quantitatively address these issues. Can formulate frameworks and ideas that provide This course is suitable for beginners and business people with no analytical experience.
• People Analytics – People analytics is a form of a data-driven approach to managing people in the workplace. Organizations can make employment decisions based on in-depth analysis of data rather than traditional methods of personal relationships, experience-based decision-making, and risk aversion.
They will teach you techniques for recruiting and retaining top talent. Students can use data and advanced analytics to relate to people-related issues such as recruitment, performance evaluation, leadership, hiring and promotion, job design, compensation, and collaboration.
This course does not cover the complexities of talent management data analysis, but rather how and when hard data is used to make soft skills decisions regarding hiring and talent development, and strategic talent management partners for companies. Helps students understand how to establish themselves as
• Accounting Analytics – Accounting Analytics teaches how to link financial statements and non-financial data to financial performance. Here you will learn how to use data to assess future economic conditions and determine what will affect your financial success.
• Course V
• Business Analytics Capstone – This is a jointly developed project with Yahoo that provides valuable experience in evaluating and making data-driven decisions. By the end of this project, students will know how to ask the right questions and use data effectively to meet business challenges. Learn how to use data to optimize marketing, maximize sales, run operations efficiently, and make hiring and managerial decisions.
4. Business Analytics Courses in Mumbai- ExcelR
ExcelR offers comprehensive business analytics courses in Mumbai. They offer 129 hours of business analysis courses included in the curriculum.
- Business Statistics
- Excel: Basics to Advanced
- Power BI
- R Basics
- Python Basics
Preferred by many for its industry-based curriculum, it offers hands-on practice with 10+ Capstone projects, extensive training on tools, dedicated internship cells, and experienced faculty in IIM, ISM, and IIT. Many students prefer business analytics courses at Mumbai campus because of certification programs and placement success rates.
5. Business Analytics Courses in Mumbai – WeSchool
WeSchool was established in 1977 and is governed by the S.P.Mandali Trust, one of the first charities in the field of education. WeSchool has two locations Mumbai and Bangalore. The tuition fee for business analysis courses in Mumbai is Rs. 650000.00. Their course started in 2016 and it is one of the most popular institutions to study business analytics courses in Mumbai. That’s because of his experienced tutors and placement record.
Students spend two years learning a variety of tools such as Python, R, Tableau, IBM-SPSS, Frontline Analytics Solver, and Palisade Decision Tool.
FAQs About Business Analytics Courses in Mumbai
1. What opportunities are there for Business Analysts?
Some of the positions offered to Business Analyst in companies
- Data Analyst
- Qualitative Analyst
- Predictive Modeller
- Data Scientist
- Business Analyst
- Market Research Analyst
- Big Data Analyst
- Process Analyst
2. What are the pre-requisites skills/qualifications to apply for the course?
If opting for a full-time course, a candidate with a bachelor’s Degree in any field can apply along with 50% or higher scores from competitive management exams like CAT or XAT, and GMAT. However, working professionals can opt for part-time courses or specialization courses on analytics which are offered by many Institutes. Many institutes are providing Business Analytics Courses in Mumbai offering full-time/Part-time courses.
3. What are the courses/subjects covered in business analytics courses in Mumbai?
Although the courses & tools vary according to the institutes some of the basic subjects covered are SQL, EXCEL, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Qlik Sense, Splunk, and other tools which are used in the current market.
4. What are the scope and opportunities of Business Analysis?
The completion of this course opens exceptional opportunities for candidates for success as there is a wide range of positions from Data Analysts to data scientists with considerable growth across different verticals as many medium and small-scale companies are looking to include Business Analysis to expand and grow their business. Also with considerable experience, candidates can also work freelance. Many companies also hire Business analysts to streamline their production process & documentation.
5. What is the average salary expected for a Business Analyst?
The average salary may vary between 7-12 lakhs PA In some cases candidates can get up to 22 lakhs depending upon experience, Job Profile, and company work.
In conclusion, we can say that in the ever-changing world of business, there is a constant demand for clear and simple data for forecasting and planning, and streamlining processes to grow the demand for a data analyst is constantly increasing and is said to increase by 15% by 2026 in India. The demand and perks and remuneration for Business analysts in India ever increasing which offers an exciting and interesting option for students. After the post-Covid market, many institutes have started training in Business Analytics courses in Mumbai. But only a few Institutes are recognized to provide the training required to succeed in the global market in this regard.