This article will help you to find top-notch financial modeling courses in Pune to leverage your career. With the right discussion, this course will open doors for students to gain professional job opportunities and develop their skills in the finance sector.
Overview of Financial Modeling
Financial Modeling plays a vital role in finance. This course is not for beginners only but also for anyone who wants to start their own business and become professional in bidding for projects, determining payback, the utility of campaigns, and so on. In every aspect of finances, we have to make a financial decision; estimate what the revenue and costs will likely be, and then assess if it is a good choice based on those projections.
A stock market analysis considers a company’s historical performance to predict future sales, expenses, and profits to choose whether to purchase, hold, or sell the shares. Financial Modeling results from a company’s operation in the past, present, and forthcoming future. This is the tool that a person can use deliberately in decision-making.
Financial analysts use them to understand or visualize the impact of a company’s stock’s activities, including changes in strategy and business model external factors. Moreover, the is it used:
- To estimate the valuation of a business or to compare a company to its peer in the industry.
- To test various scenarios, analyze the project’s cost, decide on budgets, and allocate corporate resources.
Also, validation among companies is essential in conducting a stock purchase. Multiple models help an investor decide on various competitors in an industry. We have now consolidated a list of Financial Modeling courses in Pune. There are various types of Financial Models that are used in corporate finance by financial modeling professionals.
Financial Modeling Professionals Use Various Types of Financial Models in Corporate Finance.
Ten common types of financial models will help you to understand the concept smoothly:
Three Statement Model, Budget Model, Forecasting Model, Option Pricing Model, Merger Model (M&A), Initial Public Offering (IPO) Model, Leveraged Buyout (LBO) Model, Consolidation Model, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Model, Sum of the Parts Model, Elaborate type of Financial Model.
In this article, we have provided in-depth descriptions below to help you comprehend each of the various sorts of financial models and carry out thorough financial research. Having a good understanding of corporate finance is essential for properly modeling finance.
1. Three Statement Model – As the name stated, in this model, the three components (income statement, cash flow, balance sheet) are all dynamically linked with formulas in Excel. Understanding how to connect the three financial statements is crucial, which necessitates having a strong foundation in accounting, finance, and Excel.
2. Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Model –The DCF model builds on the three statement model by valuing a company based on the Present Net Value (NPV) of the business’s future cash flow.
3. Merger Model (M&A) – The M&A model is a more featured model used to evaluate the pro forma accretion/dilution of acquisition or merger. It’s feasible to use a single tab model for each company, where the consolidation data company wise showcased. There are many different complexity levels.
4. Initial Public Offering (IPO) Model – Investment bankers and corporate professionals also build IPO models in Excel to build their business in advance of going public. These models make an assumption about how much investors would be prepared to pay for the company under consideration while also analyzing similar companies.
5. Leveraged Buyout (LBO) Model – A leveraged buyout transaction typically requires modeling complicated debt schedules and is an advanced aspect of financial Modeling. An LBO is one of the most complicated and challenging of all types of financial models, as the many points of financing create circular references and require cash flow waterfalls. These approaches are not particularly frequent.
6. Sum of the Parts Model -This type of model is built by taking several DCF models and combining them. Next, additional components of the business that might not be appropriate for a DCF analysis, such as marketable securities, which would be valued based on the market). In order to determine the company’s net asset worth, for instance, you would add together.
7. Consolidation Model –This type of model includes multiple business units added into one singular model. Typically, each business unit has its own tag that simply sums up the other business. This is similar to a total of the module exercise where company A and company B are added, and a new, consolidated worksheet is created.
8- Budget Model – This is used to model finance for experts in financial planning & analysis (FP&A) to simulate finance and create the budget for the upcoming year (s). Typically, monthly or quarterly data is used to create budget models, which place a lot of emphasis on the revenue statement.
9- Forecasting Model – This type is also used in financial planning and analysis (FP&A) to enhance a forecast that compares to the budget model. The budget and prediction models can be found in a single workbook on occasion, or they can be essentially different.
10. Option Pricing Model – The two main types of option pricing models are Black-Scholes and binomial tree. These models are based on mathematical formulas rather than subjective criteria and, therefore, Excel is simply based on mathematical formulas rather than subjective judgments.
Why Financial Modeling Courses in Pune?
Financial Modeling is the core strengthening element to take the major business decision in a corporate sector. In this era, this is the most significant tool for business execution. This course will make you understand you to analyze the risk of businesses and help to identify the potential way to rectify them and present the economic performance of a business entity.
The course will help you to boost your ability to solve problems, ability to time management, and ability to work in any situation. There are various learning institutions in Pune where you can enhance your expertise with these prominent skills to become professional.
Use for Financial Modeling
A financial model term is used for decision-making and financial analysis of a company’s activities. A few aspects that a firm creates a financial model include. Need to raise capital
- Business growth organically
- Divest business unit
- Capital allocation
- Forecast budget
Who Can Choose Financial Modeling as a Job/ Career Option
There is a huge career opportunity in this field for various type of professionals who wants to nurture financial Modeling. This course paves the way for career seekers in investment banking, equity research, corporate development, accounting – due diligence, transaction advisory, valuation, and so on. Moreover, There is a wide range of opportunities available after the completion of the Financial Modeling courses in Pune. You can start work as a:
- Investment Analyst
- Equity Analyst
- Financial Analyst
Recommended Read: Financial Modeling Courses in India
Roles and Responsibilities for Some of the Above-mentioned Jobs Available After the Financial Modeling Course:
- Investment Banking professional is deeply involved with acquisition and mergers, IPO, etc.
- An investment banking analyst’s responsibility is to manage old and new clients’ administrative tasks with approaching outputs. They intend to help achieve and implement their long-term and short-term goals.
- Few significant skills are required in this field, such as research along with analytics problem-solving skills, etc.
- They are responsible for maintaining a detailed analysis of the opportunities suitable for the customer and providing recommendations for investment based on their needs accordingly.
- They ensure that the clients earn profit and make a long-term investment. Depending upon clients’ requirements, they are available with several aspects of financial market research.
- Investment banking analyst does intense research about the investment opportunities that are available in the market for the clients.
- Equity Research Analysts are very convenient with excel as they prepare financial models with intense depth research and provide a report on the stock market industry.
- Those reports play a vital role in making a huge investment decision that involves selling, purchasing, and investments.
- An Equity analyst helps investors to make decisions and provide detailed information about financial analysis. This career is very demanding, and the candidate should have solid expertise in accounting, finance, and excel.
- Financial modeling aid covers all aspects of excel, and it is the most significant tool that is used by financial analysts. They help in maintaining and creating financial models, evaluating public information, and gathering various types of data. They provide insights into the economic sector for making decisions.
Financial Analysts, Managers, and Directors
- The job role of the Financial Analyst is essential for every organization that wants to manage the organization smoothly without any financial obstacles.
- It is an essential role in most businesses since it helps identify how business works and suffers when it loses and makes a profit.
- A Financial Analyst is responsible for conducting detailed research on how the organization.
- It is functioning financially in terms of meeting its financial objectives and designing long-term plans for the company.
- A financial Analyst calculates the performance of stocks, bonds, and various types of investment and guides an organization in the matter of investment accordingly.
- Few essential skills that a professional working in the financial planning and analysis department are communication and writing skills, strategic thinking, analysis, identifying threats and risks, etc.
Salary of Financial Modeling Professionals
The salary of financial modeling professionals will depend upon these factors, such as projects and locations and the number of years of experience. After learning the financial model courses in Pune, the package would be 4 to 5 lakhs. As per the reports, after positioning in the industry, the salary range of $50,000- $80,000 for overseas companies will vary on a timely basis. When we talk, the average salary in the united states is in the range of $70,000 – $200,000. Incentives and bonuses will de fluctuate as per the company’s norm.
Here Are the Listed Top Financial Modeling Courses in Pune
1. IIM Skills
IIM Skills is one of the prominent learning platforms for professional courses where they offer various courses that are highly recommended in a professional career. Moreover, their comprehensive, in-depth financial modeling course curriculum is established by eminent industry experts.
The platform is recognized by MSME, Govt of India, where learners can get certified in the Financial Modeling course. IIM Skills is a well-known educational hub for financial Modeling courses in Pune that emphasizes the course’s fundamental principles and provides the best training for students.
Financial Modeling Course Deliverables
Module 1: Basic to Advanced Excel
Module 2: Accounting and Financial Statements
Module 3: KPI analysis/ratio
Module 4: Fundamentals of Financial Modeling
Module 5: Types of Financial Models
Module 6: Business Valuation
- Financial Modeling and Valuation Course (FMMCTM): 3 Months Live Online
- Lectures for 50+ Hours
- Over 100 hours of practical assignments
- More than 5 Case Studies | 4 Live Projects
- Guaranteed Internship for Two Months
- Preparation for Mock Interviews
- 100% Job Assistance
Course Duration – 3 Months
Course Fee- INR 39,900 18% GST exclusive
Phone: +91 9911839503
You may also be interested in Business Accounting and Taxation Courses in Pune
Coursera is one of the leading E-learnings platforms that provide a range of professional skills to build your career in the right direction with the pool of expertise from rich experienced faculties. It was established in 2012 with the envision a ton of learning opportunities. Today Coursera is one of the global online platforms that collaborated with various institutions and offers finance courses.
The courses are focused in partnership with Wharton to help you make sufficient financial decisions by learning spreadsheet models and techniques and common applications for investment analysis, company valuation forecasting, and so on.
- Fundamentals of Quantitative Modeling
- Introduction to Spreadsheets and Models
- Modeling Risk and Realities
- Decision-Making and Scenarios
The session is available in English as well as below subtitles: Arabic, French, Portuguese (European), Italian, Vietnamese, German, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Certified course, and Flexible timings, No prior experience is required.
3 months- 6 months
- INR 12,482 for 3 months; INR 17,832 for 6 months
Contact Details: For more information, please visit https://www.coursera.org/
Recommended Read: Financial Modeling Courses in Hyderabad
FINXL is the foremost financial institution that also provides financial modeling courses in Pune. With the pool of expertise of eminent faculties providing professional skills in the finance field. They facilitate learning courses that include Financial Modeling, Equity Research, Investment Banking, Credit Research, Financial Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Planning, Budgeting, Financing Reporting, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), etc.
Their extensive range of services offering gives you instructor-led sessions, certification, real-time case studies on financial topics, particle assignments of each session, lifetime access to LMS, which includes various useful tools, etc.; These aspects make this platform eminent for the Financial Modeling courses in Pune. Additionally, after completion of the course, students will get three months of internships with equity research firms.
- Advance MS Excel
- Data collection and Modeling
- Finance Fundamentals
- Equity Research
- Finance modeling and valuations
Course Duration – 4 months
Course Fee- INR 20,000
Contact: +91 915-888-2688
Recommended Read: Online Financial Modeling Courses
Edupristine is a top-notch finance training institute for Financial Modeling courses in Pune that has trained 2000+ participants across India. This institute serves a list of eminent clients like JP Morgan, Bank of America, Mizuho Bank, E&Y, and B schools like IIM C, IIM I, NUS Singapore, and FMS in the area of financial Modeling. They have collaborated with BSE institution Limited.
This institute will bridge the gap and prepare students to get jobs in companies top eminent companies such as HDFC, Reliance, Amazon, ICICI Bank, Accenture so on.
- Understanding of Excel concept
- Real-time Case studies of FMCG
- M&A I & II
- Macro Charting Project Finance aspects
- Big firms Case Study
- 14 days (70 hours) of extensive training
- training on Excel workbooks
- 24*7 Learning Management System (LMS) access for 1 year.
- Recorded lectures
- Broad study materials
Recommended Read: Business Accounting and Taxation Courses in Guwahati
5. IMS Proschool
Since its inception in 1977, this institute has been demonstrating an educational ecosystem by providing a platform to build a career for students. Currently, they are offering multiple professional programs such as Accounting, Analytics, and Marketing and furthermore programs in various domains.
By providing prominent skills, they have trained up to 6000 students. The institute has an exclusive partnership with the NSE academy. IMS preschool offers Financial Modeling courses in Pune and as well as in other cities.
- Module 1 Problem-Solving in Excel
- Module 2 Analysis Financial statement
- Module 3 Corporate Finance
- Module 4 Project Finance
- Module 5 Equity Modeling
Course Duration – 3 Months
Course Fee – Live Classes : INR 32,000 ; Learning : INR 20,000
Is there any eligibility for the Financial Modeling courses in Pune?
Various institutes are providing learning facilities for Financial Modeling courses in Pune. If you don’t have a finance background, you can still learn Financial Modeling courses. All you have to meet the following criteria: UG: 10+2 PG: Bachelor’s degree and Certificate: 10+2 Diploma: 10+2
What Types of Businesses Use Financial Modeling?
In this era, there are many businesses that rely on financial Modeling. Which includes; sales and trade, commercial and investment banking, public accountants use for due diligence and valuations, and institutions use the financial model in portfolio management and research.
What is the fee of the Financial Modeling courses?
The course fee range would be between INR 10,000 to INR 50,000
In current scenarios, Financial Modeling skills are a highly demanding course in various businesses with a huge amount of scope in a finance-related component. In an effort, this article will help to find varied learning platforms for Financial Modeling courses in Pune where you can advance your skills to pursue your career towards working as a Financial Analyst, Investment Banker, Finance Manager, Finance Controller, Auditor, and Corporate Finance Manager.
How can you improve your financial modeling skills?
- Consolidate large amounts of data into a simple format.
- Effective presentation skills.
- The capacity to easily zoom in on details and out to board strategies.
- A strong understanding of accounting
- Proficient Excel skills
- Understanding how to link the three financial statements
- Understanding how to create a forecast
- A logical approach for problem-solving