Madurai is a well-known energetic district in Tamilnadu where business and employment opportunities have seen positive growth after the implementation of GST in India. Before moving to the list of GST certification courses available in Madurai, we see the basic information about GST.
What does GST stand for?
GST stands for Goods and Services Tax. It is a single domestic indirect tax law that replaced many indirect taxes in India. A consumer bears the goods and services tax or we can say it is a destination-based tax. The goods and services tax which is paid by the domestic consumer will be finally remitted to the government. It can be also seen as Value added tax in some other countries.
The aim of implementing the GST in India was to remove tax on tax, or double taxation. On July 1st, 2017 the Goods and Services Tax came into effect in India and the implementation of GST has increased the job opportunities in the major sectors such as cement, automobiles, logistics, and e-commerce.
Must Read: Top 10 Online GST Courses in India
Every business whether it comes under a small company or corporate must comply with the goods and services tax in India. This has a positive impact on job opportunities which require skilled professionals to handle taxation, accounting, and data analysis roles in all sectors. The commerce graduates with GST knowledge are the most wanted after the implementation of the GST in India. Also, the number of jobs has increased for B.Com, M.Com, MBA graduates before and after the GST implementation.
The students and professionals with the specialized skills and updated knowledge in the goods and services tax area are in demand and their career growth has been improved. The certificate program in GST helps the students to gain knowledge as well as to develop skills. When GST was implemented, the government and other institutions started the GST certification programs to meet the rise in demand for taxation and accounting professionals. Now the learning has become much easier for anyone who wants to learn GST certification programs.
The benefits of the GST certification program are as follows:
- It gives promising careers to the individuals who are willing to learn and update the knowledge of Goods and Services tax.
- It increases the average salary for individuals and professionals from 15% to 25% in all sectors in India.
- An individual can start his own consulting business.
- It imparts specialized knowledge in GST by offering an attentive curriculum in the program.\
- It helps the participants to acquire new knowledge and to develop skills required for career opportunities in the industry.
- It strengthens the skills of decision making, analytical and problem-solving.
You may want to check out the Top 8 GST Courses for Beginners in India
Who is eligible to do the GST certification course?
An individual or professional who wants to have employment or self-employment opportunities in the taxation field can attend the GST certification course. It continues to graduates from any stream, law aspirants, chartered accountants, certified finance professionals, and the like.
Here I listed the top 7 GST certification courses in Madurai including both online courses as well as classroom-based learning courses.
1. IIM SKILLS
IIM Skills provides world-class education through its online learning programs. The courses offered by them are well structured according to the expectations and needs of the participants. The GST Course from IIM SKILLS is one of the best courses in India and the individuals from Madurai who want to attend this course can have online sessions.
Features of GST practitioner course include:
- The Master GST certification from IIM SKILLS.
- The program has 9 modules and 16 hours of lectures.
- IIM SKILLS conducts 4 weeks of live online sessions.
- Practical assignments and hands-on training will be given to the students.
- The students get trained in various GST invoicing tools and software implementation.
- A broad scope of content with case studies and hands-on implementation.
- The course fee is ₹ 2900
- The students will have lifetime access to the session recordings and other course materials.
- Placement support and freelance opportunities will be provided.
- The trainers are highly experienced and skilled professionals in the industry and instant query resolution is an opportunity for the students to understand all the topics clearly.
Who can attend the GST practitioner certification course?
- Graduates and students.
- Accounting and Finance Professionals.
- Business Owners / Start-ups.
- Housewives and Retired Persons.
The GST practitioner certification course from IIM SKILLS starts with the basic information, step by step moves to fundamental concepts and it finally covers up-to-date information about the Goods and Services tax.
Phone: + (91) 99 11 839503
Also, read about IIM Skills GST Course Review
Other Courses At IIM SKILLS
Mygenesis is a vocational training institute in Madurai which offers courses in the accounts and finance domain. The GST certificate courses offered in Mygenesis are given below.
- GAP: Mygenesistally Accounts Professional – 8 months duration on a regular track.
- G-DTPM: Mygenesistally Diploma Course on Taxation (GST) & Payroll Management – 4 months duration on a regular track.
- G-COAT: Mygenesistally certification course on Automation and Tally ERP.9. – 2 months on a regular track.
The above-listed GST courses have a comprehensive syllabus that satisfies both the employer’s requirements and the student’s objectives towards career opportunities in the industry. Mygenesis offers other certification courses in accounting and also they provide campus interviews, alumni open day every second Saturday, work time tele support, interview preparatory module, and students service desk.
Learn the essentials of digital marketing in 12 weeks with the Best Digital Marketing Course in India
Address and Contact Information:
Mygenesis House of Accounts, 8 & 9 Krishnarayar Tank Street, 2nd Floor, Opposite Harley Ram Hospital, Madurai -625001.
Landmark – Near sethupathi school signal.
Mobile – 96779 77888
Phone – 0452-4358555
Also, read about the Top 15 Digital Marketing Courses in Madurai
3.ICAI – Madurai
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Madurai branch offers certificate courses on GST only to the members of the ICAI, and the members who want to pursue this certification course are required to have basic knowledge about the Goods and Services tax subject. The course content covers all the aspects of GST systematically to provide specialized knowledge for the members.
The features of the certificate course on GST are as follows:
- The course duration is 10 days and the course fee is ₹ 12600 + GST.
- The members who arrive earliest get registered for the course.
- The faculty for this course will be an integration of chartered accountants, academicians, advocates, and industry experts.
- The members can get a certificate after completing the course and passing the examination which comes twice a year.
Address and Contact Information:
ICAI Bhawan, Old Natham Road, Opposite Balamandiram School, Visalakshipuram, Madurai – 625014.
Also, read about the GST Certification Course by ICAI: A Comprehensive Guide.
4.Padmarajam Institute of Management.
Padmarajam Institute of Management is a professional coaching institute in accountancy and management located in Madurai that offers a Taxation Master Certificate Program. The program content includes GST for goods (SGST, CGST & IGST), Tax deducted at source, and GST for services (SGST, CGST & IGST). The institute provides placement support for the students and it is the first institute in India to be recognized by International Accreditation and Recognition Council Forum (IAF), Australia.
Address and Contact Information:
10, Kalpalam Road, Near Thever Statue to Meenakshi Women’s College Road, Goripalayam, Madurai – 625 002.
Phone: 0452 2521695
Mobile: 93441 08771, 81444 08771
Recommended Read: Digital Marketing Courses in Bareilly
5. ICSI – Madurai
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India provides Certification Course in Goods and Services tax with a vision to enable the members and professionals with the expertise in the area of GST. This program prepares the participants to face the challenges in the field of taxation by giving a comprehensive study for a better understanding of laws and taxation systems.
The program features are given below:
- The Members and Professional Programme students of the ICSI are eligible to attend the course.
- The course fee structure is ₹ 7500 + GST to be paid online.
- The course duration is 5 weeks (60 hours) and it is a completely online web-based session.
- The Examination pattern will be multiple choice questions so the participants can attend the exam from anywhere.
- A soft copy of the course content will be given after the course registration.
- The certificate will be offered to the participants after the successful completion of the course and passing the examination.
- The positions of Company Secretaries in the GST period are Advisory, Representation Services, GST Compliance in Employment, and GST Practitioner.
Address and Contact Information:
C-3, III Floor A R Plaza
16/17 North Veli Street,
Madurai – 625001.
Udemy offers the best courses in the area of GST and facilitates individuals to acquire new skills and update knowledge in taxation. The professionals who are already in the industry can learn the certification courses in GST from Udemy from anywhere in the world.
Udemy provides time flexibility to complete the course for the participants which is considered as one of the advantages for the professionals who cannot attend the classroom-based sessions. Also, it includes some free courses on GST which helps to get basic knowledge about the subject.
A Common requirement to attend GST courses in Udemy is the basic understanding of accounting and taxes along with computer knowledge. Some courses cover the practical aspects of GST law in India. The courses can be attended by individuals from accounting, finance, and commerce backgrounds and the courses can be taken at affordable prices. The course content will be given for lifetime access.
7. ACTE – Madurai
ACTE is a well-known job-oriented training provider in Madurai which offers a certification course on GST which comprises beginner and advanced level classes. The course curriculum is framed by highly experienced professionals from the industry and the course fee is affordable. They provide interview preparation techniques in GST.
The course can be attended online as well as classroom-based training and the course duration is 40 hours. Also, a free demo class is available. After the completion of 70% of the course content, they will prepare and support the students for interviews and face-to-face interaction.
Phone: 98407 55991
1.Who can attend the certification course on GST?
Ans. Any individual from an accounting, finance, commerce, and law background can attend a GST course.
2.What are the basic requirements for the GST course?
Ans. The basic knowledge of a computer, taxation, and accounting.
3.What are the benefits of the GST certification course?
Ans. After the course completion and passing the examination from the institute, the GST certificate provides the opportunity such as GST Practitioner, the Advisory role, tax consultants, and so on.
4.What are the modes of learning available?
Ans. Classroom-based, online training, corporate training, and practical training.
5.What are the Course duration and fee structure?
Ans. The course duration and the course fee depend on the mode of learning and other factors.
The implementation of the Goods and Services Tax in India has brought a huge impact on all industries and it is mandatory to comply with GST law for all businesses irrespective of their size. On other hand, the implementation of new taxation created more learning and employment opportunities for the students and professionals from accounting and taxation backgrounds to get new skills and update their knowledge in the area of GST. As we know Madurai is one of the main hubs for commerce and trade in Tamilnadu, the GST certification courses from the above-listed institutes will be an advantage for the students and the professionals for a fruitful career in the GST era.