Do you get intrigued by how Google works? Does the world of SEO captivate you, but you are unsure of where to begin? Then you are at the right place to gain relevant information on the golden subject of the internet curriculum. This article will also help you gain insights on top institutes and websites offering the best SEO courses in Surat, “The Diamond City”. Let us dive in to comprehend the buzz around SEO. Is it worth the hoopla?
Are the SEO courses in Surat worth your time and money? To answer this question, we will attempt to unravel the world of SEO via the following topics:
- What is SEO?
- Benefits of learning SEO
- How does SEO work?
- Types of SEO
- SEO Strategies
- Tools Used in SEO
- Job Opportunities offered by SEO domain
- SEO learning resources
What do you know about SEO?
Search Engine Optimisation in simple terms is a way of ranking a website’s page higher. Higher the page, higher the visibility, and higher the traffic gains. This is what a good SEO achieves. SEO is a term we are well-versed with superficially, but the actual know-how is still obscure to many.
In layman’s terms, SEO is the process of ranking a website higher in the Google search pages. This ensures that the website is visible to the user organically and not through paid advertisements. This is an incredible tool for free marketing, to millions of users looking for your product/company/blog/services.
As the name suggests, SEO optimizes search results based on certain parameters. Post which it presents the user with the most relevant information. SEO studies user behavior, analyses varied searches typed into the search engine to give out top results.
The entire process takes nanoseconds and is executed at lightning speed. One can also say SEO is an exhaustive search strategy to harness the gigantic power of ranking higher on any search engine organically.
Why should you pursue SEO courses in Surat?
In the era when brick-and-mortar business was more predominant, a prime retail location for the shop attracted maximum customers. You must have seen in a shopping mall, how shops with maximum footfall are situated near the elevators or escalators to lure the customers right in by providing easy access.
The past decade saw a burgeoning growth in the technological sector. As the businesses went online, the marketing strategies also have had to adapt to cater to the demands of the internet. Therefore, it becomes essential to comprehend SEO and leverage its umpteen benefits for maximum business profits.
A customer or user rarely clicks on the search pages not listed on page 1. Do we ever bother to scan the results on page number 2? If your website, product, or services do not feature on the first page of SERPs (search engine result page), chances are it will be completely overlooked.
Knowledge of SEO is vital for a business owner with their website, for digital marketers, for content writers, copywriters, media managers apart from professionals directly working in the SEO field. In today’s technological world if you have a product or a service to offer, understanding SEO becomes crucial.
Now that you know why SEO is essential, SEO courses in Surat will further enhance the concept with the right learning modules.
Recommended Read: Digital Marketing Courses in Surat
Summarising the need for SEO:
- SEO ranks a website higher and increases visibility.
- It markets products or services to the maximum number of users possible.
- It naturally or organically brings traffic to one’s website.
- It is cost-effective.
- SEO builds a strong brand because of the authority it lends to top-ranking search results.
- Makes the brand credible and trustworthy.
How does SEO work?
Google is the primary and most used search engine. How google assembles, ranks, and presents search results in a fraction of seconds is understandably a well-kept secret. Google puts into action an algorithm that decides which page will rank higher. The algorithm is called Page Rank and is patent protected.
But SEO experts have unlocked important codes to understand the process better. Google employs the following processes in its search to explore, organize and rank pages.
- Crawling: Google or any other search engine continuously sends bots or spiders or crawlers as they are called, to scout for new data on the internet. What are these bots? They are simply computer programs written to discover information on the vast universe of the internet.
- Indexing: What do you do with a large number of files or books you have available with you. You organize and arrange by indexing them. A search engine does the same with the colossal information it has assembled. There are region and country-specific indexes as well to give better-suited results.
- Ranking: Websites and searches are ranked according to a search engine’s algorithms. These algorithms take into account factors like quality of content, freshness, relevancy, location, page speed, mobile-friendliness, etc to rank a page.
Types of SEO
Let us understand the various types of SEO practiced.
- White Hat SEO: This refers to a set of ethical practices that follow Google’s prescribed guidelines to optimize a site. It is also known as Good SEO and boosts a website’s credibility
- Black Hat SEO: The opposite of White Hat SEO, Black Hat SEO resorts to malpractices and shortcuts to gain rankings. This might result in short time gains but can result in Google blacklisting your website.
- Gray Hat SEO: Gray Hat SEO practices fall between an unclear area of white and black hat SEOs. Striking a balance between the two SEO strategies is what Gray Hat SEO aims at.
- On-Page SEO: This refers to optimizing all the factors present on your website. Factors like a web site’s architecture, loading speed, readability, user experience, title, and meta tags all fall under the gambit of On-Page SEO.
- Off-Page SEO: Off-Page SEO is used to optimize all factors outside the website. These include link building, blogging, social media, etc.
A good SEO strategy follows a well-thought-out process to optimize SEO successfully. Following are some of the SEO strategies employed to achieve tremendous results on the SERP.
1 Keyword Research: An essential step in the SEO strategy is researching the right keywords. It helps you understand what people are searching for and what terms are trending. This further helps in building content around the trending or most searched word.
2) Focus on longtail keywords: This strategy brings relevant traffic with more conversion rates as the keywords are specific. For example, the term coffee (short-tail keyword) is generic and would yield a wide variety of results. The keyword would disappear in the search result that is so expansive. But a long-tail keyword like “Coffee shops near me” or “Top reasons to drink more coffee” would narrow down the search and make the keyword rank higher.
3) Content Creation: Good content encompasses a varied form of articles, infographics, blogs, videos, images, and more. Content is created around keywords with the sole purpose of driving more traffic. A large part of SEO revolves around creating the right content. In addition to SEO courses in Surat, to know more about SEO writing, the article on SEO writers is an imperative read for you.
4) Optimize Page Speed: If your website is slow in loading, Google will not rank it better. Hence page speed is a critical SEO strategy.
5) Creating Backlinks: Creating inbound or external links greatly improves SEO. In simple terms, backlinks mean when a website has links from another website. Why backlinks? Because they improve page ranking, establish credibility and bring referral traffic to your page.
6) Mobile Compatibility: We mostly access the internet from our mobile devices and tablets. It is a big chunk of traffic. Having a mobile-optimized site that loads quickly, has a good user experience and other factors like good readability, voice search, and design ensure a successful SEO strategy.
Recommended read: GST Certification Courses in Surat
Tools Used in SEO
There are many SEO tools available that are both free and paid. SEO can be a daunting process and these tools help simplify and understand key SEO areas. Acting as a springboard, the right SEO tools enhance an overall digital strategy of a brand.
There are tools for Link Building, for finding the right keyword, checking the loading speeds of a website, to check on-page SEO. The choice of an SEO tool is dependent on your business need.
Let us look at the list of some popular SEO tools.
- Google Analytics: This tool by Google helps in gauging and analyzing website traffic, customer engagement, and demographics.
- Ubersuggest: A tool that helps find keywords and their search volume, CPC, etc. It also helps in finding content ideas for blogs and articles.
- Google Trends: This tool helps discover trending topics and keywords and provides results in real-time.
- Google Console: A free tool, Google Console is your website’s doctor. It diagnoses the website’s health, its performance, analyses the keywords, and sends alerts about the issues that need fixing.
- Answer The Public: A keyword tool that gives three searches free per day. The paid version gives unlimited searches. This tool helps generate suggestions around the keyword typed in.
- SEMrush: This tool is a powerful all-in-one SEO tool. It helps with keyword research, website analysis, competitive analysis, creating the content, and more such services.
- Google AdWords: A pay-per-click service; Google AdWords displays ads based on keywords publishers want to focus on.
- Woorank: Another comprehensive SEO tool; Woorank provides reviews of a website. It also does keyword and competitive analysis.
- Yoast SEO: Most of the websites are now hosted by WordPress. Yoast is a plugin for WordPress that helps enhance a website’s performance.
Job Opportunities in SEO Domain
We have firmly established how SEO is an essential cog in the internet machinery. Let us have a look at what kind of opportunities does being an SEO expert presents.
SEO Content Writer: SEO Content writing has to be SEO-oriented for any piece of article that’s is published to rank higher. That’s where an SEO content writer steps in and writes specialized SEO content. The keywords and phrases are weaved into an article seamlessly to optimize SEO for the page.
Digital Marketer: The role entails all those activities that drive social media campaigns and boost the presence of a brand.
SEO Specialist: An SEO specialist is entrusted with the responsibilities of ranking a page higher. Finding the right keywords and analyzing the SEO performance of a website are the key job responsibilities.
SEO Analyst: Content discrepancy on a website, analysis of website performance, competitor analysis are some of the key responsibilities of an SEO Analyst.
SEO Consultant: An SEO consultant offers his/her expertise to a business on how to drive their SEO strategies to reap maximum profits.
Copywriter: Catchy phrases, inventive taglines, and creating eye-catching ads is what a copywriter executes. This is delivered with ingenious ideas fused with great SEO tools. Good SEO knowledge helps research and write about trending keywords and makes copywriting a great success.
Search Engine Marketer: The profile of an SEM entails increasing page visibility by using paid advertisements. The marketer has to do research and analysis work of competitors’ links and get maximum ROI in the paid search campaigns.
Now that you have a fair overview of SEO and the jobs related to it. Let’s answer another crucial question. From where to pursue SEO courses in Surat? The answer is well covered for you. Read on to know more about SEO learning institutes and websites.
Top 6 SEO Courses in Surat
1. IIM Skills
Touted as Asia’s leading educational platform to learn various courses from, IIM Skills delivers an exhaustive SEO course. The course provides immense practical experience to dive right into the job market. IIM Skills is an unparalleled platform to pursue SEO courses in Surat if you are seeking a practical application of your skills.
- SEO Fundamentals
- On-Page SEO
- Off-Page SEO
- Technical SEO
- Link Building
- SEO Audit
- SEO Content
- SEO Tools
- Learning the recent Algorithms
- Competitor Research
- Keyword Research
- Client Onboarding
Salient Features of the Course:
- SEO Training Course of 4 weeks + Paid Internship of 8 weeks
- Practical and Weekly Assignments with 16 hours of live training.
- It is recognized by the MSME Government of India
- Guaranteed Paid Internship
- Two live projects.
- Access to SEO tools worth 20k
- One gets lifetime access to session recordings and class material
- A 24*7 online support is provided to the student for any queries.
- An online course that can be easily attended from anywhere.
Semrush is a renowned platform to learn SEO courses in Surat. SEO expert Greg Gifford teaches the nuances of SEO impeccably. For beginners, the academy has in-depth courses on the various aspects of the subject that help in grasping the concept completely. All these courses are free and hence a great place to start your SEO learning at your own pace.
- SEM Toolkit Course: This is a free course of duration three hours. It covers 14 lessons in this duration.
- Link Building Course: The course covers 5 lessons in 1 hour.
- On-Page and Technical SEO Course: The course covers 7 lessons in 1 hour.
- Competitive Analysis and Keyword Research Course: The course covers 7 lessons in 1 hour.
- Mobile, International, Local SEO Course: The course covers 8 lessons in one hour
Courses by Greg Gifford: Renowned SEO expert teaches the following courses for free.
- SEO Fundamentals Course with Greg Gifford covers 31 lessons in 4 hours.
- Greg Gifford offers a course on Keyword Research that covers 8 lessons in 1 hour.
- Backlink Management Course with Greg Gifford covers 7 lessons in 1 hour.
- Local SEO Course with Greg Gifford covers 10 lessons in 1 hour.
- Mobile SEO Course Backlink Management Course with Greg Gifford, covers 7 lessons in 1 hour.
- Growing your SEO agency with Semrush covers 8 lessons in 1 hour.
3. Yoast Academy
Yoast is a force to reckon with in the SEO space. A course from this academy is definitely worth your time. It is a well-rounded course covering all aspects related to SEO. Both free and premium versions of the course are available.
The free version covers the following topics:
- SEO for beginners
- WordPress for beginners,
- Yoast SEO for WordPress plugin,
- WordPress Block Editor Training and
- Structured data for beginners training.
- SEO news Webinar Replays
The Yoast premium version is priced at 99 dollars/ year and covers the following wide range of topics:
- All-round SEO training
- International SEO training
- Keyword research training
- Local SEO training
- SEO copywriting training
- Technical SEO training
- SEO for beginners training
- Site structure training
- E-Commerce SEO training
- WordPress Block Editor training
- WordPress for beginners training
- Yoast SEO for WordPress plugin training
- Yoast SEO premium plugin
- Understanding Structured Data Training.
Recommended Read: SEO Courses in Lucknow
Simplilearn provides certification after an exam. The good thing is that before an exam they give one practice rest as part of the SEO course.
They have categorized programs into:
- Self-Paced learning course priced at Rs 15,999.
- Online Bootcamp Course priced at Rs 20,999.
The course content is as follows:
- SEO introduction
- How Search Engine Works
- 3 types of SEO
- Keyword Research and Competitive Analysis
- On-Page Optimization
- Off-Page Optimization
- Duplicate Content
- Design Architecture
- Local SEO
Moz Academy provides a four-week training program. These are all paid courses. You can customize the course by choosing the difficulty level, SEO topic to be covered and type, of course, you require ( certifications, series, or a level up). The following courses are available at Moz Academy. These are paid courses starting from 49 dollars and going up to 595 dollars.
- SEO essentials certification series.
- Technical SEO certification series.
- SEO client Prospecting and Pitch Series.
- In real life: Local SEO tactics
- SEO Fundamentals
- Keyword Research
- Page Optimization
- Backlink Basics
- Reporting on SEO
- Local SEO fundamentals
- Backlink Audit and Removal
- Preapare for the SEO Client Pitch
- Selling the value of SEO
- Client Onboarding
Udemy offers a plethora of courses on SEO and SEO-specific courses like SEO for WordPress, SEO link building, SEO and SEM, and many more. Industry experts have packed their courses into easy and quickly digestible formats.
Q1) Are the SEO courses time-bound or Self-Paced?
The duration of the course is entirely dependent on the institute. This can range from three months to six months minimum. The duration also depends on your present knowledge of SEO. Not all courses are self-paced. If you are looking for SEO courses in Surat, do check about the timeframe of the course.
Q2) From where can I learn SEO courses in Surat for free?
Yoast, Udemy, Hubspot, Semrush, Skillshare, Linkedin learning are excellent and free online learning resources. SEO courses in Surat can be easily pursued from these platforms.
Q3) What educational qualifications are required for an SEO course?
SEO courses in Surat or any other city can be done after 10+2. There is no specific qualification required to pursue this course. Basic HTML and computer knowledge does help.
Q4) Is there a Google SEO certification?
Google does not provide SEO certification. But Google does provide certifications for Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Google My Business, Waze, and Google Marketing Platform.
In conclusion, the success of your SEO courses in Surat or any other city largely depends on what is the course content and the institute delivering the course. Keep in mind what kind of opportunities, you want to create upon completion of the course. This will help you in deciding what should your SEO course entail and from where you would want to pursue it.
As a beginner, you can learn some of the basics yourself and then choose an institute that gives you live project-based learning. The pandemic has been a dynamic shift in how we learn and brought to the fore the importance of technology. It has led to the conservation of colossal hours and resources we used to expend in going somewhere to learn. It has also bridged the gap in how one can access learning in small cities. Hope this article on the SEO courses in Surat will help you gauge your resources and make an informed decision.